Today I'll meet her again

This date marks 3 years of that day. The day when my life changed forever. Without doubt or fail, I was supposed to meet her today. We would talk and she would patiently listen to all my mindless blabber with that same old cute smile,without losing its charm, the same smile that stole my heart, the very first time I saw her at the Smile Café. What a day it was; cloudy sky, cool weather and the monetary hide and seek playing sun, smiling with all his galore. She was in all pink, literally from head to toe. Those pink hair bands, pink dress and those pink sandals seems to be made just for her. I dint know her name, so I named her Pinky. Till date I call her that. Time went by and somehow a common link grew to connect us up. It was as if the entire cosmos conspiring to bind us eternally. 3 months, 12 days, 1 hour, 20 minutes and 11 seconds, from the first-sight-attraction; I proposed. She took her time but 12 days and 1 hour later, she said, "Yes". Fortunately we both were past of those crazy college love lives and were also at the right age to marry. We took time to know each other. Those were the most beautiful moments, getting to know each other. Those small secrets, those old crushes, those tear-rendering tales seemed held us with tight and gentle. Our planned small meetings often progressed to unplanned movies and then to dinner. She lived a bit far away from my apartment. Whenever there would be a small break from work, I would make sure the time spent together would be worth it. Together we used to go for sightseeing that we both had missed ever since landing in the city. And it was the first time we realised that its much more a beautiful metro than of a filthy town people speak of. Few months later, we decided to tie knots. It was unreal, atleast it felt that way, when neither of our families showed any opposition. It was all a clean and straight thing, the transition from a girlfriend-boyfriend to a fiancee. We were to become a wedded couple in 3 months....90 days....2160 hours.....12900 minutes.....7776000 seconds. That's what was left between us to be together forever. Time seemed to slow down dramatically. Hours seemed days and days seemed months. 
Finally the day arrived, we got married. It was all pump and valor. Typical Indian frenzy wedding. Lots of loud music, crazy mindless steps and Ofcourse the compulsory 'Nagin' dance. She stepped in the scene with her red lehenga and the moment ceased. Those long eye lashes anf the faint smile, those humble eyes staring the floor....... as if an angel came into my life.
We got married. She was mine now. Nothing could stop us now. After the 'vidaai' we decided go take the highway route back to our home, which was obviously packed with my kith and kin ready to welcome the new bride. It was just us and the driver. Rest of the 'baratti' followed a different road. Just as we transited into the highway, she held my arm tightly. I raised her face and looked into her eyes. And the scene went to slow motion again. The last thing I remember was were so close to each other. I opened my eyes to a white ceiling with beeping monitors on my either side.

-> This date marks 3 years of that day. The day when my life completely changed forever. That day, I woke up in a room with a white ceiling. Today I'm going to lay the entire lot of bouquets and sheaths of flower at her sarcophagus, which serves as her resting place, her grave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anna & Deck

Love takes sacrifices !!!!

My 'Kai Po Che' review